Call Today to Discuss Your Managed IT Needs
What is Cloud Migration?
Simply put, you are moving data to another server for our team of professionals to manage and protect it from natural disasters, theft, and accidental deletion. Cloud migration gives you instant remote access to all of your company’s resources on a secure platform.
Cloud migration will save you money, not only in unnecessary server maintenance, but in salaries. Stop wasting expensive IT professional time on tedious maintenance tasks.
Why Should You Move to the Cloud?
- If you are an SMB and need 24/7 remote file access, the cloud is a great option.
- Stop managing your cloud infrastructure. Let data center professionals manage the infrastructure. They are pros and have financially-backed SLAs.
- Instant access to add or remove resources to fine tune performance.
- Data is protected in large, hardened data centers in one or more locations around the world.
- You will no longer have to replace or maintain servers at your office, which reduces the need for expensive personnel.
- There are many services you can turn on and off, not just file storage. Example: Install a website in just a few minutes, backup data, or create an online disaster recovery plan.
- There is a monthly fee for everything you do. More resources and more bandwidth cost you more money. Companies like Amazon, Rackspace, Microsoft Azure, and others are all making lots of money because of these services are not always cheap.
- You cannot do everything you can do if you had a server in your closet. The gap is closing in the next 10 years, but it is not there yet. If you have intense networking needs, we can help you get into a data center and rent space on the floor. Often a hybrid model works well between a co-lo and a cloud solution on servers.
Office 365 Myths
MYTH 1: Office 365 is just Office tools in the cloud, and I can only use it online.
The reality: Office 365 is a suite of cloud-based productivity services that can include the Office desktop applications you already know and use, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote.
MYTH 2: If our data moves to the cloud, our business will no longer have control over our technology.
The reality: When you move to the cloud, headaches and time spent maintaining hardware and upgrading software are significantly reduced. Now you and your team can focus on the business rather than being a repair service.